Feel the nostalgia with this brand new 1992-03 database for Football Manager 2022 as you can now re-live the Premier League 1992-93 season, and manage your childhood 90’s heros in FM22.
In the event of the 30th anniversary for the very first edition of Championship Manager, we’re celebrating the 1992/93 season with a brand new Football Manager throwback database from the lab of TheMadScientist.
The 1992-93 season was the inaugural season of the English Premier League, second season of the Champions League, and there where still a competition named the Cup Winners Cup. Besides that some of the greatest legends of all time, roamed the football world at this time.
After providing the Community with the magnificent 2001-02 retro database for FM21, TheMadScientist is back with another Football Manager database for FM22. This time you’ll be able to head back to the time where Teddy Sheringham, Roberto Baggio, Eric Cantona and Diego Maradona were all in their prime!
The 1992-93 season is deeply rooted in my heart! As Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes have become childhood heros for kids growing up in the last 10 years, the beginning of the 90s were the time where I got my heros.
Now you got the opportunity to change or re-live football history. Head back to the legendary 1992-93 season with TheMadScientist’s Football Manager 2022 throwback database. Download the 1992-93 database below and get the unique chance to manage your favorite football legends, or perhaps you’ll get some new favorite players!
Behind the Scenes | Watch our Interview With TheMadScientist in this weeks FMFocus episode!
In preparations for the release of the 1992-93 database, our partner Custard Prophet got the chance to sit down with TheMadScientist to talk about the work going into creating such a throwback database and give you further knowledge about the process. In the interview, MadScientist will even share his recommended challenge to conduct when starting your first save in the 92/93 db.
You can watch the interview below.
About the Football Manager 2022 1992-93 Throwback Database
Everything in this FM22 database, has been reverted back to 1992. All the leagues are as they where back in 1992, with all the teams and players from back then. The player attributes is copied manually from various of editions of Championship Manager. So now you have the chance to manage all the legends from the early 90s, in the modern Football Manager match engine.
To get the full experience please read the instructions below.
1992/93 database for FM22 Teaser Trailer
PLAYABLE LEAGUES :
- ENGLAND – (Premier League + 1. Division)
- ITALY – (Serie A + Serie B)
- SPAIN (La Liga)
- FRANCE (Ligue 1)
- GERMANY (Bundesliga)
- SCOTLAND (Premiership)
What happened in the 1992-1993 Season?
To give you a feel of how the footballing world looked like back then, let’s look at what happened in the 1992-1993 season so you can feel the nostalgia!
- The top scorer of the English Premier League 1992-93 season was Teddy Sheringham who was bought by Tottenham from Nottingham Forest for £2Million.
- Leeds United who had won the Football League First Division the season before with a star-studded squad featuring Eric Cantona, Gary Speed, Gordon Strachan and Gary McAllister failed to win an away game and entered into a tough relegation battle – finally ending on 17th place.
- Alex Ferguson guided Manchester United to their first league title in 26 years with a young Ryan Giggs, later being awarded the PFA Young Player of the Year, Peter Schmeichel, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, Brian McCLair and Steve Bruce forming the spine of the squad.
- The UEFA Champions League trophy was surprisingly, for some, lifted by Marseille for the first and last time so far in their club history.
- … PSV’s Romario became the top scorer of the UEFA Champions League ahead of Marco van Basten (AC Milan)!
- in Italy, a young Alessandro del Piero, who had just made his official first team debut a few months prior, would score his first professional goal for Padova against Ternana in Serie B. He would be bought be Juventus the following season.
- In Spain, Diego Maradona had just moved from Napoli to Sevilla after serving a 15 month ban from football due to a positive drug test.
- the 1992-93 season was the beginning of a tremendous football career for a young Zinedine Zidane as he moved from Cannes to Bordeaux.
- The FIFA World player of the year was awarded to Marco van Basten ahead of Barcelona’s Talisman Hristo Stoichkov and German playmaker Thomas Häßler who plaed for AS Roma along with Claudio Caniggia, Francesco Totti and Siniša Mihajlović.
- speaking of FC Barcelona, the club was lead by club icon Johan Cruyff with a 21 year old Pep Guardiola in the ranks. In the star-studded Barcelona squad you also had Michael Laudrup, Ronald Koeman, Jose Mari Bakero, Sergi, Andoni Zubizarreta, Guillermo Amor and Txiki Begiristain.
- After 103 goals in 185 appearances, the 92/93 season would be the last on Dutch soil for Dennis Bergkamp. His performances in the Euro 1992 and his two consecutive Dutch Player of the Year awards attracted the attention of some of the biggest clubs in Europe- and eventually opted for Inter Milan who played in the “biggest league at the time” according to his own statement.
- The biggest transfer deals this season was Alan Shearer’s €3.6Million fee paid by Blackburn in England, while Gianluca Vialli and Gianluigi Lentini represented the only transfer deals over €10Million in Europe.
How to get the full 1992-93 Experience? [MUST READ]
NB! MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE THE FOOTBALL MANAGER 2022 DEFAULT 22.1.1. DATABASE WHEN SETTING UP A NEW CAREER. IF YOU CHOOSE A FM DATABASE WITH AN UPDATE, IT WILL CONFLICT WITH THE 92/93 DB.
Download the 1992-93 Database for Football Manager 2022
Experience the 1992/93 season in Football Manager 2022. Get this throwback database that replicates 92/93 season in FM22 with the real players from 7 playable leagues as they finished in the summer of 1992.
- Download the file or Subscribe at Steam
- Put the files into folder :
My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2022 / Games (.fm file - red button)
- If you download the .fmf file, place it into the Editor Data folder
- Quit and Re-start Football Manager if you’re playing it
- Start a NEW Save !!IMPORTANT!!
- Select the default Football Manager 2022 22.0 database !!IMPORTANT!!
'The 1992-93 DB'– Make sure no other editor data files are ticked!
- Click Confirm and Choose Advanced Setup
- Choose the playable leagues of interest
- Then press Approximate Player Count and choose ‘Advanced’
- Select the nations you want to load players from besides the active leagues
- tick the boxes saying Players Based in Nation – Even if your computer says that the number of players exeeds the recommended level it will only load the approximately 10.000 players which is created in the DB.
- Finally, press
Start Gameand enjoy the nostalgia trip.
- Enjoy this classic database!
BONUS! Download Logopacks and Facepacks to the 2001/02 classic database
To enhance the realism of MadScientist’s 1992-93 database, a few Community members have come together to create graphics that goes along it. Thanks to AJW who have created the facepack and Rock’s End FM who have created the logopack, you can get another depth to your Football Manager 2022 1992/93 save.
Credit / Social Medias
►Follow My Twitter – @MadScientistFM
►Follow on Facebook – /TheMadScientistFM/
►Follow me on Twitch – http://www.twitch.tv/themadscientistfm
►Browse my Steam Workshop Library – Steam
►Subscribe on YouTube – The Mad Scientist
►Support on Patreon – ThemadscientistFM