Re-live 2001/02 Season in Football Manager 2021. Get the 01/02 Retro Database by MadScientistFM
With last year’s success in providing you with retro databases for Football Manager, here is MadScientistFM’s brand new 2001/02 retro database for Football Manager 2021. Head back to the glorious 2001/02 season for the Gunners fan or feel the nostalgia of developing one of your childhood heroes.
After providing the Community with the magnificent 2006-07 retro database for FM20, TheMadScientistFM is back with another Football Manager retro database for FM21. This time you’ll be able to head back to the time where Thierry Henry, Alessandro del Piero, Rivaldo, Juan Sebastian Veron, Zinedine Zidane were all in their prime!
About the 2001-02 Retro Database
The Football Manager 2001-02 retro database for FM21 reverts everything in the FM21 database to the start of the 2001 season. With all the leagues, with its teams and players, as they were back then, the 2001/02 retro database makes you feel you’ve hopped on the Football Manager time machine.
By manually copying all the player’s attributes from Championship Manager 2001/02 you’ll get as close to real-life experience by managing one of the teams within the playable leagues. It basically gives you the chance to manage all the legends from the early 00’s in the modern Football Manager game.
Here’s your chance to change the football history as you challenge for titles and trophies against the top managers in 2001.
Legendary Players Included:
The first edition of the 2001/02 retro database includes 9 playable leagues with the top 5 Nations covered; England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany. It features nearly 10000 players that are amended to replicate the start of the 2001/02 season and features both wonderkids and legendary players featuring their complete player profile information like it was in CM01/02.
The database lets you relive the past in Football Manager 2021, bringing you the 2001-02 season and all its details and historical data created upon at your fingertips. More information about the 2001-02 retro database will come once the db is officially out!
The 2001/02 retro database is the fourth classic database created by The Mad Scientist where he recreates the complete leagues from earlier seasons and looks to keep it as realistic as possible.
Current active leagues:
The current version includes 13 playable leagues from 10 different nations! These are:
- Premier League
- Premier Division
- Ligue 1
- Serie A
- Serie B
* More leagues will be added and released in later updates.
What happened in the 2001-2002 Season?
To give you a feel of how the footballing world looked like back then, let’s look at what happened in the 2001-2002 season so you can feel the nostalgia!
- Under the leadership of Tony Adams and Arsene Wenger, Arsenal achieves their third Double!
- The French effect from the Euros 2000 continued as Thierry Henry became the top goalscorer in the FA Barclaycard Premiership with 24 goals.
- The English Premiership was topped by two clubs with French managers; Arsene Wenger and Gerard Houllier.
- Real Madrid won their ninth Champions League title beating Bayer Leverkusen in the final from a brilliant volley from Zinedine Zidane.
- This was the best achievement ever made by Bayer 04 in the Champions League, past or present as they put behind them both Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United on their way to the final. All these three clubs claimed the top spots in the English Premiership that season.
- Ruud van Nistelrooy became the top goalscorer in the UEFA Champions League with 10 goals. He would claim the award the season after and in 2004/05 – all for Man United.
- One of the greatest managers in the modern era would start off his managerial career as Jürgen Klopp took charge of Mainz 05 after retiring prior to the season.
- … meanwhile, Josep Guardiola left Barcelona for Brescia as he entered the final seasons of his playing career.
- Kaka would later that season make his official debut for the Brazilian National team only a few months after making his debut for São Paulo at the age of 18. In his debut season, he scored 12 goals in 27 appearances and soon attracted the interest of European top clubs, like A.C. Milan.
- The one year older Swedish striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic swapped Swedish soil for the de Godenzonen and playing under the tutelage of Ronald Koeman at AFC Ajax.
- while Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been on everyone’s lips years after, Cherno Samba were on every Football Manager fans by being one of the greatest wonderkids in CM01/02!
– added Turkey as playable league
– 3 new playable leagues (Portugal, Denmark and Greece)
– Fixed reported issues
– 1000+ players added
How to get the full 2001-02 Experience? [MUST READ]
NB! MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE THE FOOTBALL MANAGER 2021 DEFAULT 21.1.1. DATABASE WHEN SETTING UP A NEW CAREER. IF YOU CHOOSE A FM DATABASE WITH AN UPDATE, IT WILL CONFLICT WITH THE 01/02 DB.
BONUS! Download Logopacks and Facepacks to the 2001/02 classic database
To enhance the realism of MadScientist’s retro database a few Community members have come together to create graphics that goes along it. Thanks to @AshWill616 who have created the facepack and Robert Niculae you can give another depth to your Football Manager save.
The logopack for 01/02 database features logos for clubs in the top divisions of England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Russia and Romania. The pack includes over 500 logos in both normal and small sizes in the design they had back then.
The facepack, on the other hand, includes nearly 1500 player faces with all the best players at that time.
Facepack – Download
Logopack – Download
Experience the full details of this magnificent Football Manager retro database by downloading below!
A retro database for Football Manager 2021 which replicates the 2001-02 with the real players from 13 playable leagues as they finished in the summer of 2001.
FMF file – Download
- Download the file or Subscribe at Steam
- Put the files into folder :
My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2021 / Games (.fm file)
- If you download the .fmf file, place it into the Editor Data folder
- Quit and Re-start Football Manager if you’re playing it
- Start a NEW Save !!IMPORTANT!!
- Select the default Football Manager 2021 21.1.1 database !!IMPORTANT!!
'The 2001-02 DB'– Make sure no other editor data files are ticked!
- Click Confirm and Choose Advanced Setup
- Choose the playable leagues of interest
- Then press Approximate Player Count and choose ‘Advanced’
- Select the nations you want to load players from besides the active leagues
- tick the boxes saying Players Based in Nation – Even if your computer says that the number of players exeeds the recommended level it will only load the approximately 10.000 players which is created in the DB.
- Finally, press
Start Gameand enjoy the nostalgia trip.
- Enjoy this classic database!
Credit / Social Medias
►Follow My Twitter – @MadScientistFM
►Follow on Facebook – /TheMadScientistFM/
►Follow me on Twitch – http://www.twitch.tv/themadscientistfm
►Browse my Steam Workshop Library – http://www.twitch.tv/themadscientistfm
►Subscribe on YouTube – The Mad Scientist
►Support on Patreon – ThemadscientistFM