Football Manager 2015 Scouting Improvements
Sports Interactive aim to reflect how the real clubs operates in scouting utilizing their scouting network to find players by revamping the Football Manager 2015 scouting section. Now the new scouting section is a one stop place to find players.
Scouting is now integrated into the player search function; one panel to search for new players by role or regions.
New in Football Manager 2015 is the way you set up scouting assignments as you can target specifically what you’re looking for rather than a general scouting. This is vital if you like to replace one of your aging legends or find hot prospects who have similar skills as your important key player(s).
When setting up scouting assignments you can get quick access to the scouts level of judging player ability and potential. This can be done by selecting the scout to do the scouting assignments in “recommended by”.
With the new ability to determine scouting range of all new scouting assignments we’re sure you can find the best talents within preferred area. Remember; players from the regions you have scouting knowledge of will only appear in the scout search results panel. So it’s important to increase the level of scouting knowledge in order to spot more players or get more information about them – for example make masked attributes visible, see their preferred moves, get accurate information about their player personality or discover their best player role.
The improvements to fog of war makes scouting even more important as the range of player attributes will become narrower with increased knowledge of the player. This will also happen to the players star ratings of player ability and potential. So it’s more important than ever to scout the player as many times as possible by taking advantage of the scouting assignment duration setting.
Well-known players in a scouting regions you got some level of knowledge of will display more information than more unknown players – similar to how it is in real-life. Other great improvements to the scouting area is:
- more interaction between you and your scouts as they may request to cancel scouting assignments if they feel they can’t find any more suitable players
- ability for scouts to roam nations as well as regions – see scouting scope
- better feedback on player performance on competitions from the scouts
- you can assign scouts on a scouting duration of up to 3 months or 3 matches when doing individual player scouting. Report cards will be delivered every week.
- Revamp to the report cards which gives you an handy pros and cons table in additional to an overall summary – making it easier for you to take the correct decision.
- A filter of scouted players lets you find all players scouted quicker. Here you can see their scout reports or compare players
- FM 2015 brings new categories to search after:
– level of happiness, home grown players at any club
New Player Attribute – Vision
The FM15 screenshot (work in process) above also reveals a new player attribute. It looks like vision is finally being implemented into the game something which replaces the old creativity attribute and gives a better image of how well the player can predict how arising situations will occur. Vision is tied to player attribute anticipation.
Improvements to Staff-, Media- and Player Interaction
Players can speak to managers about a range of worries they have:
- concerns regarding rumors (such as rumors of new players arriving)
- personal problems
- clubs financial trouble
- Players can support the manager and turn away from an unhappy teammate
- Players can approach the manager when bigger clubs has interest in the player – something that suits the players personal career goals for the future – in order to ask to get permission to talk with the club
- players will be a lot more specific about reasons for why they want to leave the club
– personal achievement goals about promotions, pay rise, first team appearances and more..
Allies in the dressing room can express concerns over how you dealt with teammates and the entire group unhappiness meeting to address multiple concerns at once.
Managers can speak to players about:
- asking the player to re-consider leaving on a free transfer
- ask the player to talk to the media in order to force a move away.
- give comments, reason for loaning the player out and give him the best wishes to improve motivation to leave
- can give promises to the player
Group unhappiness Meetings added
Ability to do group team talks about a certain matter with a group of players who are unhappy in stead of having several individual chats about the same matter.
Your skills related to man management is more important than ever in order to not loose the dressing room.
Happiness is affected by a bunch of new circumstances in FM15. Youth players will get a motivational boost by being promoted to the reserves or first team, either by playing their first match or feature on the bench.
FM 2015 Media and Press Conferences changes
The FM15 media section comes with a wider variety of news stories, lines of questioning and more focus on building up media rivalries between managers. The range of questions will vary depending on time of year, clubs situation, concerns or problems that is occurring. In Football Manager 2015 the way you play the game will affect how the media looks at you, which questions they direct to you and if you fit the clubs ethos. Setting up your manager profile correctly is as important as ever. See page 1.
There are two different media types in Football Manager 2015:
- Tabloids – looks for the next big headline
- Broadsheet Journalists (Well-respected Newspapers) – looks to talk to you more about the analytical side of football such as your tactical approach in your last game or your career.
The improvements to the press conferences is a better flow – letting you feel you have an actual conversation as the types of questioning will be reactive in terms of your previous answers. Hopefully this will be the final end of answering the same questions over and over again by a more intuitive press conference.
Another subtle change regarding press conferences is their likeliness of happening is now related to the match importance. There will now be more build-up in the end of the season if you are fighting for promotion or avoiding relegation.
The media will build up an perception on how you handle press conferences and give you lines of questions based on your media personality/style. They will also pick up on your managers history and asking questions related to your history of facing your next opponent. The questions from the media will be related to your history long term / short term history time line.
- If you respond aggressively on a question – the media will do whatever they can to try to get further negative reactions from you – giving you an harder time. This will of course depend on the type of journalist approaching you.
- if similar events from you history time-line happens, the media will use this against you
Other new or extra questions have been added, such as:
– questions related to fielding a weakened team
– reasons for why you haven’t offered a specific player a new contract
– questions related to team underachieving
– expanded the amount of questions in press conferences for rivalries, high-profile signings and new contract situations
– ability to respond to comments from club legends, such as shrug them politely off or respond aggressively
NEW in Football Manager 2015; Tunnel & Training Ground Interviews
FM15 is taking a further step towards better realism. With the introduction of tunnel and training ground interviews the media will be present before big matches, immediately after matches and facing you even more often.
Tunnel Interviews gives the media chance to approach you at pre- or post match talking with you in the heat of the moment trying to lure out your next tactical changes or get an reaction of the occurring events.
Training ground interviews lets journalist stop you outside the training ground asking you some few on-the-spot questions.
Tunnel interviews is linked to Broadcasted TV matches and is more likely to happen at bigger events.
Football Manager 2015 Finances
FM15 is fully updated with all the latest financial changes in football in terms of the Financial Fair Play regulations and calculations.
- Top Division Weight restrictions added to prevent you from overspending on wages.
- expectations related to the FFP is now clearer and hopefully easier to grasp with in the initial meeting with the board.
- FM15 gives you a better cost control by handing you profitability and sustainability provisions
The board intelligence has been improved for FM15 such as in terms of wages and balance.
- initial wage budget is handed to you before the start of the season
- when attempting to sign new players for the season, the proposed new wage budget will be used
- the wages from players with expiring contracts you won’t renew will not be counted as part of your wage total
- the spare wages can come in handy when signing new players for next season
A Commercial summary is provided in the end of the season giving you a total control of the profit from kit and match sponsorship deals, hiring up facilities and club shop merchandises and monitor if the club is progressing or regressing. The progress in sponsorship deals is affected by high-profile signings, promotions and winning trophies.