A Guide to the Many FM15 Features and Improvements
With the screening of the Football Manager Documentary which examined how Football Manager has made an impact on the culture of real-world football, its influence on professional football as well as the untold history of some of many Football Manager fans who “escape to the alternative reality of being a football manager, and the effect this has had on their lives” according to studio director himself, Miles Jacobson, the premier video of new Football Manager 2015 features were revealed 7th of October.
Here we will dedicate some pages as we examines the long anticipated FM15 by handing you the ultimate list of new Football Manager 2015 features and screenshots.
Time will tell the total amount of all the new improvements and changes to FM15, but expected is over 1000 new features and a record database of 600,000 players and staff.
Here you can spot all new FM15 features revealed in one place. We will update this post with all new improvement and changes – no matter its size. Our ultimate list of new Football Manager 2015 features will be updated quite frequently, either if it’s huge revamps or minor changes. We will also hand you the first Football Manager 2015 screenshots as they are revealed as well as further feature videos.
This will be the main go-to-guide for news about the new FM2015 features as we provide you with all you need to know about FM 2015!
Football Manager 2015 Features & Screenshots Revealed
The first FM15 feature video is 27mins long – giving you a great insight to the major changes to FM2015.
Follow Passion4FM Supported Streamers/Youtubers
Passion4FM is proud to announce our very own team of exclusive supported streamers/youtubers. They will livestream and make videos of their Football Manager 2015 saves in additional to share some great tips to master FM15.
People we support for their work on twitch and youtube:
- Kworey – Twitch
- 21Maxwell – Twitch / Youtube
- Stoneey_33 – Twitch / Youtube
- ChrisOrmie – Twitch
- Ruddinho22 – Twitch / Youtube
- TheAdvancedPlaymaker – Twitch
- Istanbul_NL – Twitch
- OoClanoO – Twitch
- Im_The_Gaffer – Twitch
- FootyManagerTV – Youtube / Twitch
- Tox1c_LeMoN – Twitch
- AdamJoycey – Twitch
- LetsPlayWithSirHC – Twitch / Youtube
Twitch Integration [Revealed 25.09.2014]
As the first FM15 feature announced Twitch integration will let you stream live directly from the game. The Football Manager 2015 Twitch stream functionality will become the new hit as you will finally be able to show off your managerial skills to a bigger audience or simply watch your friends or some Football Manager experts guide you through FM15 live. With the ability to livestream via Twitch Football Manager 2015 takes a step into the future and let you broadcast your Football Manager 2015 tactics, tips and game stories on the fly.
The in-game Twitch streaming functionality in Football Manager 2015 will be released without video and voice chat at first, as this will be integrated into FM15 late 2014 or early 2015 – no specific date has been set for this functionality.
Major Overhaul to the Football Manager 2015 Match Engine
The FM15 match day experience will be even more detailed than ever – making it look fantastic for those with better graphic cards. Below is a list of the improvements to the Football Manager 2015 match engine and some of the new animations you will experience on match days.
Motion Capture Technology Introduced [2000 NEW/Replaced Animations]
The biggest improvements in the 3D match engine, which was introduced in 2009, is the introduction of motion capture data which gives you 2000 new or replaced animations. The motion capture technology is something you might have seen in Fifa 2015 and makes the players common actions, movements and behavior be more lifelike and realistic than ever, as professional players have been recorded in similar simultaneous events as what is naturally happening throughout a match. The process of recording the exact movements of the ball or any player lets SI build a character model – which movement and behavior will be differently according to each body type (height and weight / sizes and shape).
New animations covers a wide range of common actions you see on the football pitch:
- overhaul to the ball physics – reacts more realistically in terms of bouncing, movement on the ground / air and etc
- improved shots, passes, crosses, headers, player runs, ball movement, dives, saves and tackles
- more technical kicks has finally been added:
Players will use different parts of their foot to control the ball or make a range of passes (outside/inside/on the laces of the Boot/foot passes/crosses/shots)
- more subtle touches makes dribbling or closing down even more realistic
The Motion Capture technology will make a great influence on future versions of the game (FM16, FM17, FM18) as new recorded animations will make Football Manager the most realistic game ever!
Improvements to Player AI [More Human Players]
As mentioned above, there are big changes to the player models making them less robot but more human.
- Massive improvements to goalkeeper animations: more variety and lots of new parries, dives, blocks and saves
- Better interaction between the goalkeeper, the ball and teammates – more natural when kicking from their hands, throwing the ball or passing it off = greater variety in length and direction as they are now capable of picking out the teams biggest aerial threat
NEW FM15 Goalkeeper Player Instructions
The improvements to goalkeeper model and AI gives new Football Manager 2015 goalkeeper (player) instructions regarding GK distribution. New distribution methods for goalkeepers are;
- Roll it out – lets you keep the ball on the ground and play from the back as the ball is rolled out to nearest teammate.
- Distribute to Fullback
- Distribute to Centre Back (?)
- Distribute to Playmaker
- Distribute over Opposition Midfield (?)
- The FM15 goalkeeper can also set the tempo when in possession of the ball by slowing pace down (waste time or keep control of the game) or make quick throws suited for counter attacking tactics or when you hunt a late goal
New Lightning Model [More Realistic Shadow Effects]
The weather conditions will influence on the shadow effect of the players body and faces. More light makes the players more reflective while less light will absorb it making them appear darker. It’s been even added a wet look for rainy days as players jersey will appear soaky.
- New sun and sky
- More / less dust particles in the air reflecting the different weather conditions
- Players will benefit from an improved shadow effect on their faces, arms and legs as more depth is added
- match ball is now more lit which makes it more visual no matter weather conditions
The Movember Campaign is Added in FM 2015
One of the more funny, but also very serious matters, new features is the addition of the Charity campaign Movember.
The Movember Campaign looks to set focus on mens health by growing mustaches in November.
In FM15 some new-gens will join in on the Movember campaign by growing mustaches in November. Here you will see different stages of growth and different styles.
NEW Default Unofficial Logos Added (Speculations)
We got a tip from one of the fansite members that he spot some visible differences to the different logos in the game. Despite it’s only speculations of how the full game will be, it seems fantasy club logos are added for clubs SI haven’t licence to.
Complete Re-design Of The Football Manager 2015 User Interface
For FM 2015 there have been major improvements to the user-interface. Back is the sidebar which compresses the amount of key panels – making it both quicker and easier to find what you need when you need it as all head categories (squad, training, tactics and etc) is located in your sidebar. It will make you able to find more of the hidden information faster as its right at your finger tips.
List of new improvements to the FM15 user interface is;
- Responsive sidebar which saves space for smaller screen resolutions
- Home Screen will be the go-to place for everything related to you as manager (Manager Profile, Contract, history, Notebook and the new Promises tab
The Promises tab displays all promises made to the club board, players and fellow managers
Improvements to Player Search [Big Search Bar added]
One of the minor changes but which will make your managing job easier in Football Manager 2015 is the brand new search bar located on the header menu. Frankly, the FM15 search bar works similar to the google search bar or any web browser and lets you find whatever you need quickly and easily.
Results will pop up in a scrollable list result with search results of what you searched for.
Managerial Styles Introduced [Tracksuit Manager vs Tactical Manager]
Now you can finally customize your manager profile eve more by selecting a managerial style or selecting your preferred game personality.
The ability to completely style your manager profile to your own preferences, wanted skills and/or football philosophy is completely new in FM15. Incorporated is the ability to choose between two different manager styles; Tracksuit Manager or Tactical Manager – depending on which style you want to be.
- The FM15 Tracksuit manager style lets you define your manager profile with staff attributes that are better for a manager who likes to spend time on the training ground developing players as it’s tied to the technical coaching attributes; attacking, defending, fitness, working with the youths.
With the incorporation of tracksuit manager you will finally be able to influence on the coaching star ratings in a training area. This finally lets you be able to influence on all the areas of general training yourself.
- The Tactical Manager style focuses more on the mental attributes in coaching. Here the focus is more on player knowledge, man management and motivation – which is handy to gel the squad together, to get more respect and finally improve player performances on a weekly basis based on better interaction with you and the players.
- Note! You can also select a balanced approach – a mix of the two managerial styles if you don’t have any specific preferences in your save but wants to focus on both performance and player development.
Your selected managerial style will influence our save not only when applying for a new job, but also in regard to the focus you decide to take – player development or more focus on winning matches and getting better player performances. We believe the manager style will be something you vary from save to save depending on scenario or challenge. For example less determination, man management or motivation might work against you on team talks, player interactions or match talks.
When styling your manager profile you will have X amount of points to allocate in order to customize your manager attributes. The level of attributes for the different manager styles can be further customized by the focus slider or through manually fine tuning individual attributes (better or worse) which gives you points to spare when reducing an attribute number.
If you are unsure about which level of coaching license to choose you can always have the game to recommend a suitable license according to the clubs reputation and level in the league.
In FM 2015 you can select from a range of different coaching badges and licences. TH coaching badge will now be in additional to the past playing experience which gives more points to the level of starting manager attributes. There are 8 different coaching badges to choose from – all influencing the starting level of managerial skills, reputation and knowledge:
- National C Licence
- National B Licence
- National A Licence
- Continental C Licence
- Continental B Licence
- Continental A Licence
- Continental Pro Licence
With the new manager profile you can develop yourself by taking coaching badges and improving your coaching abilities. You can start out basically on the ground.
Other Improvements to Your FM15 Manager Profile
For FM15 you can fully customize your manager profile, something you could see glimpses of above. You can define your preferences and keep tabs your own success but also on the manager history of rival managers.
- managers cup history is revamped – making you able to compare yourself with the history of your predecessors at the club – giving you a better vision on what’s expected from you or how likely the board is to sack their managers
- better options to track your manager history with a new short term / long term time-line from what has occurred in the last season to your total history
- the long term history time-line lets you track all the best moments of your career
New in FM 2015 is the ability to set additional favorite clubs and languages spoken. This is increased from 2 favorite club or languages to 3.
Changes to Job Interviews
Since the Job Interviews were added for Football Manager 2014, SI has now added more variety of areas to discuss in your job interview related to the boards vision for the club. New topics are;
- past playing experience and your current reputation
- how your history has been before entering the job interview
The job interview and range of discussions will become more detailed and varied the more you play as clubs and chairmens will be more eager to discuss past experiences (promotions, relegations, transfer market dealings and othe highs and lows of your career) giving you more opportunities to impress the board.
Further Improvements to the FM15 Match Day Experience
Stadium Improvements [New Stadium Designs and More Animations Added]
The stadiums in FM15 will look even more vibrant and are more varied according to the clubs facilities, stadium capacity and clubs reputation / licence. The different styles of stadiums reflects the different stadium types used around the world from curved 3D stadiums to roofless ones. Other animations added are:
- Floodlighting and other corner pieces such as TV screens, hot dog stands and paramedic.
- Personal club banners inside the stadium
- Stadium tunnels with security personnel around the pitch
- Different colors of the home fans will surround the stands and further enhance the feeling of being on a real football stadium.
- the physio is also added on the bench
New! FM15 Touchline Team Talks
Touchline team talks lets you motivate your players throughout the match and works in the same manner as pre-match, halftime and post-match team talks. The FM15 touchline team talks is added to replicate how managers yells to their players during the match. Here you can motivate or correct body language of your whole team or individual players with the different tones we have been accustomed to from before.
FM 2015 brings new methods for getting reactions and influence individual players lack of concentration or performance as you now can;
Note! Getting the correct reactions of your players will depend on your managerial style set and your reputation (past playing experience).
This new feature is highly welcomed here at Passion4FM as you now can motivate players after important incidents have happen as well as yelling at your players if no reactions was given after the pre-match or half time team talks.