Here we’ve compiled the latest Football Manager 2021 news; the FM21 release date, an overview of the coming new features along with the system requirements. Get an overview of what you can expect for Football Manager 2021 as we update you with all you need to know about FM21.
This dedicated page for all Football Manager 2021 news will be frequently updated throughout the autumn until the official release of FM21 and will contain what we know about FM2021. Here you’ll find valuable information about the new edition to the series, such as release date, system requirements and what type of platforms FM21 will be featured on.
With Football Manager 2020 reaching all-time high numbers and saw over 1 million players and 250,000 gamers online when Sports Interactive launched FM20 for free on Epic Game Store, there are lots of past and future Football Manager fans excited about FM21 release.
Let’s delve into what we can expect for Football Manager 2021 release and what new FM21 features included!
Football Manager 2021’s release date
On the 24th of September, we finally received the official confirmation of the Football Manager 2021 release date. The game will be out Tuesday 24th of November 2020 on PC / MAC.
That means you’ll have 2 months from now to scour the internet for the best Football Manager 2021 deals and be ready to start on your new FM21 journey!
Football Manager 2021 Beta Release & FM21 Early Access
To continue the tradition, the Football Manager 2021 Early Access or beta release will be approximately 2 weeks prior to the official release date.
The Football Manager 2021 beta release and early access is only available by pre-purchasing Football Manager 2021 on Steam or from a participating digital retailer.
Football Manager 2021 will debut on the Epic Games Store, as well!
Similar to last year FM21 Touch, the stripped-back management experience, will be included for free (PC/Mac only) when pre-ordering FM21 from Steam.
By pre-purchasing FM21 you will be able to play your favourite football management game already in early November!
Available Platforms; The Return to Xbox!
Football Manager 2021 will be available on several platforms. With the official FM21 announcement, it was revealed that Football Manager will return to Xbox – the first time since 2007/08!
In addition to the original Football Manager 2021 PC/MAC version, the line-up of Football Manager 2021 editions also includes FM21 Touch and FM21 Mobile who will be available across iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
More About The Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition
The Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition will be a modelled version of the popular Touch series. It thrusts you onto the big stage with a tailored version of the game that’s been fully customised for optimal performance with the Xbox controller.
That means you can play Football Manager 2021 on Xbox One and Series X or S!
Featuring the Microsoft’s Play Anywhere functionality, it allows you to kick-off your career in style on console and then pick-up your season on any Windows 10 PC. More information about the functionality and full feature details of Xbox Edition will arrive on the official social media channels of Football Manager in early November.
The release date of Football Manager 2021 Xbox version is set to December. We’ll come back to the specific release date at a later point.
About Football Manager 2021
FM21 delivers dynamic and fresh true-to-life management experiences that renew the focus on you, the beating heart of your football club. You are equipped with more tools than ever before to develop your managerial prowess and command success at your club. New additions and game upgrades produce unparalleled levels of football authenticity as well as extra layers of depth and drama.
The manager is the beating heart of every football club. In Football Manager 2021 dynamic, true-to-life management experiences and next-level detail renews that focus on you like never before, equipping you with all the tools to achieve elite status. It’s over to you, boss.
- Choose your colours and the challenge that best suits your ambitions and then work with your club’s hierarchy to ensure you meet theirs… or face the consequences.
- Join forces with your backroom staff to assess the strength and depth of your playing squad before dipping into the transfer market. There’s likely to be a starlet in your Academy knocking on the door of the first team…
- Craft tactical strategies, formations and styles of play for every occasion to maximise your club’s chances of winning football matches and getting those three points.
- Immerse yourself in the spectacle of match day and revel in the glory of management as your planning pays off on the pitch.
Check out our complete list of Football Manager 2021 features and improvements to learn more about what to expect from FM21.
Full details of what’s new in FM21 including licensing updates will drop on the official social channels of Football Manager in early October, so get following now to get ahead of the game.
Football Manager 2021 System Requirements
Windows (Minimum Specs):
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (Update 1903/May 2019 or later) – 64-bit
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 – 1.8 GHz +
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 7 GB available space
Mac OS X (Minimum Specs):
- 10.13.6, 10.14.6, 10.15.5, 11 – 64-bit
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system (Recommended)
- Intel Core 2 Duo – 1.8 GHz +
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM macOS 10.14 and later requires Metal API: Version 1 macOS 10.13 requires OpenGL: Version 2.1
- Storage: 7 GB available space
- Other: macOS 10.14 and later requires Metal API: Version 1 macOS 10.13 requires OpenGL: Version 2.1